Subjects: 1. Communicating with children about their feelings. How? Why? When? We were pleased to welcome Leslie-Ann from @owltherapy who is a Family Support consultant and Autism specialist who gave us an overview on the topic as well as answer questions from the Dadvengers community.
2. Communicating with others about our feelings as parents. This one is an obvious choice after topic one. It will be good to see if there is any correlation or relationship between both.
3. Our lighthearted topic for this session was, Favourite Dad jobs and why? What are the jobs you love to do? We know there are some Jet Wash fans, Pool cleaning fans and BBQ fans out there. We want to hear about your faves and the reasons why.
As with all our special guests Leslie-Ann wrote a blog piece to accompany this live. The piece covers
- Why is it so important to talk to children about feelings?
- When should we begin communicating with children about feelings?
- How do we talk to children about feelings?
- How to approach difficult subjects with your child?
If you’d like to read the full article please click on the link. Or you can watch the Dad Chats Session with Leslie-Ann Beary below.