What’s is Baby Buddy 2.0?
So you’re a new dad and you’re wondering whether there is an app for new dads that can provide a helping hand with all the questions you have floating around your head. Maybe Baby Buddy 2.0 is just what you’re looking for. Having realised that new fathers have been a little left out when it comes to parenting resources, charity Best Beginnings have redesigned and relaunched their successful parenting app. The NHS approved app now has a heavier focus on providing content for dads and we have partnered with them to ensure that new resources focused at dads is hitting the mark.
What can you expect from the Baby Buddy app for new dads?
- Content up until your baby’s first birthday – The app has the ability to provide bite-sized advice and information every day throughout pregnancy and the first year of your baby’s life.
- Daily info for dads – this app for new dads is the first in the world to offer personalised daily information to dads on their pregnancy and parenting journey. This means you will receive info that is specific to what you and you baby may be going through.
- Info on maternity services – Find information about local maternity services, with data on 400+ maternity units across the UK.
- Digital child health records – Record your baby’s growth, vaccinations and developmental milestones, as well as appointment notes and letters to your baby.
- Ability to create your own Spaces – Spaces are areas within the app that you can share with your partner, family, and friends that have specific info in them. Say you want you share what you have learnt about overcoming bonding challenges with your partner and family you can create a space just for this that only selected people can see.
Baby Buddy is still growing
Even though there is lots of information and content on the app for both dads and mums, there is more being added all the time. This is so important because the parenting landscape is changing all the time and the aim is to always have up to date information. Dadvengers have partnered with Best Beginnings and are currently co-producing a series of videos specifically for dads. The videos will cover Skin-to-skin contact, Feeding, Bathing, Clothing, Comforting, and Changing a Nappy.
Where can I get the app?
Baby Buddy 2.0 is available here on both the Google Play and the Apple store. Whether you think you need the app or not, we recommend downloading it and filling out your details. It’s not until you actually use the app that you realise how helpful it can be. Also if you’d like to hear from someone who’s actually used the app check out the Dad Chats Live interview we did with Simon Austin.