Subjects: This week we were joined by special guest Ian Dinwiddy from Inspiring Dads. A website focused on helping stressed dads balance work and fatherhood. We talked about.
1. Building meaningful relationships with your partner and your children. How do we do it and what are the benefits.
2. Do you find it hard to communicate with your partner? Let’s find out what we can do to improve communication with our families.
3. What are you doing for lockdown Valentines? We know it’s another excuse to sell cards, but it’s lockdown and something tells us if you don’t make an effort this year (however small), it may be used against us in a future event or situation!
Ian kindly wrote us a blog piece that accompanies this chat. It’s ever so easy to get complacent in our relationships and think that everything is fine. But often complacency can mean we miss things that can come and bite us later on. It’s not a bad idea to take a look at our relationships now then and give them a little check. We need to be remember that:-
- Meaningful relationships require open and honest conversations
- Meaningful relationships need shared purpose
- Good relationships require equality at home
- Be Present
- Quality Time not Quantity of Time
All of these areas are coverd in the post, so if you’d like to read the full article please click on the link. And please feel free to feedback your thoughts on this or any of our posts in the comment sections at the bottom of each page.