Subjects: 1. Talking to children about mental health. As it’s children’s mental health week, we want to know how you plan on talking to your children about mental health and their feelings. Or if you’ve already started, how have you gone about it?
2. Has your understanding of mental health changed since becoming a parent? We all know that becoming parents changes our outlook on life, has how you look at mental health changed since having kids? Are you more open and honest about your feelings, or do you feel like you have to keep them in for the sake of your children?
3. For our lighthearted topic this week, we want to know, what’s your favourite form of self care? With there being a focus more than ever on looking after ourselves, we all have different things that make us feel good. What’s your go to for self care?
A previous Dad Chats guest Leslie-Ann Beary wrote a great blog piece for us that’s all about communicating with Children about their feelings. We were also lucky enough to have her join us and talk about the topic. The piece covers
- Why is it so important to talk to children about feelings?
- When should we begin communicating with children about feelings?
- How do we talk to children about feelings?
- How to approach difficult subjects with your child?
If you’d like to read the full article please click on the link. Or you can watch the Dad Chats Session with Leslie-Ann Beary.