Dad Chats Live – 2 October 2020 – Parent guilt.
OK folks, this is a big one for all parents. The parent guilt… it can crop up at any time, no matter how well we are doing, that nagging guilt creeps in. So we opened the floor to you and asked what are the moments that have given you that guilt and how you deal with it. We feel this is another topic that isn’t discussed enough, we shouldn’t feel ashamed of the guilt we all get. In fact, we should talk about it to share the burden and also get some support from our fellow parents.
Next up is another big topic – what do we find hardest about parenting? No parent finds it all plain sailing, whether it is the tantrums, the tiredness or the terror – what do we find most difficult about being a parent. This is another topic that we need to give more time to talk about – how else will we feel less alone in the tricky parenting journey? Watch this chat to find out what our community had to say on the topic and get some great advice on how to deal with the tough times.
Lastly for our light-hearted topic, we talked about our parental guilty pleasures! Whether you’re the parent who hides in the kitchen to eat snacks in peace, or whether your guilty pleasure is that peace after bedtime – we wanted to hear them all!
Topics we covered:
1. Parent Guilt. As parents we all have moments when we feel guilty. Whether that’s leaving our crying child at nursery and walking away or losing our temper when it’s not necessary it can feel pretty rough. We want to hear your stories.
2. What do we find hardest about Parenting? We all have our strengths when it comes to parenting which means we all have our weaknesses. Should get a good range of answers on this one.
3. Parental guilty pleasure!
Interesting In Other Areas of Parenting?
Dad Chats is a fantastic resource for talking about all areas of parenting. Just some of the things we have covered are:
- The Benefits of Equal Parental Leave
- Food and Nutrition is So Important
- Caring for Children with Special Needs
- Mental Health and Self Care
You can also use the search feature on the website to find chats and blogs about topics of your choice!
Part 1: Parent Guilt
Did you enjoy this chat? Do you have a topic you’d like us to discuss? Get in touch and let us know!