Dad Chats Live – 16 October 2020, talking about Mental Health and Self Care.
This week in Part 1 we were joined by the brilliant MC Grammar (Jacob). If you don’t know who MC Grammar is, he is a brilliant teacher who has taken the reading curriculum, put it to music, and made it fun for our kids! We loved chatting to Jacob, he brought some great advice to the chat. Talking about how important taking care of our mental health is. We talked about the importance of music for this – some people find music a really powerful tool for looking after ourselves, and we loved hearing how Jacob uses music for his mental health. He also shared an absolute gem for our light-hearted topic – you have got to see this chat!
We also had some of our veteran Dadvengers, and some new faces joining the chat this week. We love meeting new members of the community and inducting them into the crew by getting them to hop up on the live! Use the links below to hear the chats!
Topics we covered:
- Mental Health – We all know how important mental health is, and that we really need to look after it! We asked what you do to look after your mental health.
- Next up we talked self-care. How do you work self-care into your life – it isn’t always easy to find time for that, but we are big believers in making time for looking after ourselves!
- For our light-hearted topic we asked what we love most about our kids.
More On The Subject of Mental Health and Self Care:
We have a tonne of amazing resources on mental health – here are just a few of them:
Dad Chats On The Subject:
- Perinatal Mental Health Survival Story from A Dad
- Baby Loss, Grief and Our Mental Health with Gary Anderson
- World Suicide Prevention Day
Blog Posts About Mental Health:
- Why It’s Essential Dads Explore Mental Health
- Why Dads Need More Perinatal Mental Health Support and How To Get It
- Positive Support for Dads – The Secrets You Didn’t Know
- A Letter to a Dad Contemplating Suicide – You’re Loved More Than You Know
Dadvengers Podcast Episodes:
- John Lashley (@broolklynbrownieco)
- Amos Hurst and Sophia May
- Gary Anderson
- Anna Williamson and Alex di Pasquale
Part 1: Mental Health and Self Care
View this post on Instagram
Over 18’s only- mental health, self care, and what we love most about our kids. Huge respect to garethedwards664 for coming on. An empowering moment for anyone who suffers from anxiety. Also have to mention @drummerdada who’s openness about his current situation is an inspiration 🙌🏾 And you can’t forget @rad_the_dad he’s just pure positivity 👊🏾🤟🏾 One of my favourite chats!
Did you enjoy this chat? Find more great Dad Chats here!